Are you tired of buying shaving cream every time you are out? Have you ever thought about finding your very own shaving cream recipe and going that route? There are a lot of people out there that make their own shaving cream, so don’t feel like you will be the only one.
The benefit of getting a shaving cream recipe and making your own shaving cream is that you will save money while reducing the amount of waste from shaving cream cans, jars or tubes. What happens when you are done with the shaving cream? Most people toss it in the trash and because of this there are landfills all across America filling up at a record pace. This is why using a shaving cream recipe to make your own shaving cream is so important.
Items Needed For Shaving Cream Recipe
- 36 rose petals
- 2 ounces cocoa butter
- Emollient cocoa butter mug soap (9 ounces grated)
- 4 ounces of vegetable glycerin – same amount of peppermint and eucalyptus
My Shaving Cream Recipe
- The first thing that you need to do is soak the 36 rose petals in water for a day. After one day, take out 8 ounces of the rose water and soak 9 ounces of grated cocoa butter soap in it for 12 hours. You can use a regular cheese grater for this, it will be easy to clean so don’t worry about the mess.
- Next, you will need to heat up the 2 ounces of cocoa butter and vegetable glycerin over low heat until the butter is all the way melted. Once you do that, add the 9 ounces of cocoa butter soap mixture to it.
- The next step is to use a hand mixer and blend the shaving cream until it is light and cream. Next you should add any oils that you like (for scents) to that mixture and place it in a bowl or some storage container.
There you have it, my shaving cream recipe that is fairly easy to follow and very customizable. You should follow the recipe exactly as it shows above, however, you can add in different oils to make it the way you want. Just know that this shaving cream recipe isn’t the only one out there, there are others but this is the only one I have tried that I like.